#OODAzoom: Thurs June 04th, 2020, 10a-12pCST
Many of us have been talking about it for months. Here it is...
I'll be hosting and moderating a live group Zoom to talk about John Boyd's OODA. I've invited a few trusted acolytes to participate, to ensure a lively conversation. Though I'd rather this not remain as a "panel."
- WHEN? Thursday, June 04th, 2020; 10a-12p Chicago time.
- WHO? Brian Rivera, Marcus Guest, Thom Dworak, Ben Ford (invited). But again, I don't want this to remain as panel participation.
- HOW TO JOIN? Shoot me a direct message on Twitter, LinkedIn, text, email. I'll reply with Zoom access credentials. I'll ignore request from anonymous accounts.
A short list of questions and provocations to get the debate flowing:
- What are the most misunderstood aspects of OODA?
- Can you use OODA as a tool?
- How does OODA relate to other frameworks?
- What would you (not) change about OODA?
- What's your biggest issue/shortcoming with OODA?
Consider developing a few slides to explain yourself...if you plan on sharing your thoughts.
Quite frankly, I'm not sure what to expect. But yes, I'll bring my Slinky.
Want to read up on OODA in prep for this? Here is my resource page.
Hope to see you on Thursday!
UPDATE: HERE IS THE VIDEO OF THE TWO (2)-HOUR SESSION:
Lou Hayes, Jr. is a criminal investigations & intelligence unit supervisor in a suburban Chicago police department. With a passion for training, he studies human performance & decision-making, creativity, emotional intelligence, and adaptability. Follow Lou on Twitter at @LouHayesJr or on LinkedIn. He also maintains a LinkedIn page for The Illinois Model.